22 August, 2005

My experiences in the corporate world

Its been two months since i joined the company. The first month passed by very quickly with all the training sessions. Some of them were really boring, but others were good. I was allocated my cubicle and desktop only after all the trainings got over. By that time, my manager had gone to the US for three weeks. Actually six members of our team had went. Hearing this a smile came up my face (maybe... maybe i would also get a chance to visit the HQ). But that was short lived. Most of them who took the journey had around 2 years experiece. No luck this time... :-( . Our area was pretty much deserted.There was not much work to do also. The only work was to get accounts created in some of the servers. The initial fascination with the new environment came to an end very quickly. I found myself getting bored with no work to do. It was hard to spend all day just browsing and chatting. And no music to listen to.

My manager returned on 9th July. I had a little chat with him and he gave me some documents to read. After that i've been waiting for my work to start... i'm still waiting... ;-)

4 comments:

VR said...

hello
Iam still getting trained, today met
the resource manager.Dont know were we will be put up.
Our training rooms (as opposed to class rooms) have net access.
The cd-s that i burned using ur writer have come handy now!
Praveen A is my colleague in hp and he
requests you to allow non blogger user
also, to post comment.
you can find his web page at
http://pravi.co.nr

Unknown said...

Request accepted... permission granted. Now anyone can post comments

Anil said...

hi, Vallathum chethude cheta???

Anonymous said...

Took this long to comment, you know the reason.

Now our tarining got over (from 4th July to 2nd Sept). Some were good and some were boring for me too. But the labs were good (except for one session), we had net during training and the comps had in built spesker :-) What more can you ask ?

Now we are expecting project alottment and cubicle and PC.

Have a nice time :-)
PS: Tell o3one also to open comments for anyone (Comments are the fuel for bloggers)